We teamed up with Gravity Haus and Breckenridge Distillery to offer a free Cocktail Class! You can watch the video from our class below and follow along as we walk you through how to make some delicious (but not overly complicated) cocktails that you can take on your next adventure in your flask:
Tracked Out Toddy
- 2oz Breckenridge Whiskey Port Cask Finish
- 1 Tbsp or teabag of a tea of your choice (Recommendations: Black tea for caffeinated option, chamomile for non-caffeinated option)
- 1 Cup of hot water
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon
- 1-2 Dashes of Angostura bitters
- In a small pot, combine water and cinnamon sticks and bring to a boil.
- After bringing to a boil, remove from heat and add in your tea. Steep tea for 4 minutes.
- While the tea is steeping, add additional hot water to your tumbler just to warm it up.
- Pour out hot water from your tumbler and replace it with your tea infused water. Be sure to remove or strain tea and cinnamon sticks before adding.
- Stir in whiskey, honey and bitters.
- Squeeze and add in a slice of lemon.
- Substitute cider for tea for a sweeter version.
- 1.5oz Breckenridge Distillers High Proof Blended Bourbon
- 0.5oz Amaretto
- 6oz Brewed medium roast coffee
- 0.5oz Vanilla simple syrup (ingredients/directions below below)
- Start brewing medium coffee using your preferred method.
- While the coffee is brewing, add additional hot water to your tumbler just to warm it up.
- Pour out hot water from your tumbler and replace it with your fresh brewed coffee.
- Stir in whiskey, amaretto, and vanilla simple syrup.
Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup of water
- 1/4 Cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla. Stir until dissolved
- Use decaf coffee for caffeine free option
- Too sweet? Try a 3:1 ratio of sugar to water for your simple syrup.
- Try infusing your simple syrup with other flavors. Cardamom, hazelnut, cinnamon, etc.
- Garnish with an amaretto whipped cream (recipe below)
Amaretto Whipped Cream
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar, (or Confectioner's sugar)
- 3 Tablespoons Amaretto
- Add heavy cream and sugar to a bowl. Using a mixer, and beat on low until the sugar has dissolved into the cream (appx. 3-4 minutes).
- Continue to mix, turning the speed up to high until it starts to form peaks (appx. 7-8 minutes).
- Pour in amaretto and continue to mix for another 2 minutes.
- Spoon onto the top of your cocktail and enjoy!
Make these recipes to your taste, but most importantly, ENJOY!